Today the students take the Social Studies PACT test.  I’m very nervous.  After reviewing for a few weeks, I’m still convinced they don’t get it.  Our curriculum for 7th grade is kind of over their heads, but I’ve tried my hardest to relate the material to their worlds.  And… I’ve definitely watered down the material for them.  This is why I’m scared.  I’ve breezed through a lot of the standards so the students could get just a taste of the information before we had to move on.  I think a taste of information is better than no taste.

More reasons to be nervous:

1.  Did the kids get a good night sleep?

2.  Did they eat a good breakfast?

3.  Did anything happen to them last night or this morning that would cause them to have a bad testing day?

4.  Will they try their hardest? Or will they give up easily because they’ve been testing for 2 weeks?

5.  Will they intentionally do bad to make their teacher look bad?  (Although, I’m sure 90% will try their hardest, there is still that 10% I’m just not sure about)

6.  Will they remember the topics we’ve covered in September?  (From the looks of yesterday’s review session, the answer to that one is NO)

7.   Will they have a quiet testing environment in every classroom?  (I know I run a tight ship in my class, but I can’t speak for every teacher)

I can’t wait until these testing days are over.  The schedule makes everyone crazy…including teachers.